Wednesday 10 April 2013

Obsessive Compulsive Shopper

I have been so naughty... despite the fact I have just been to New York City on a massive shopping trip, I just couldn't help myself and bought some more makeup....
I should point out that right now I do not have any money left.

However I was very good in the sense that I bought from a drugstore brand. I was on the hunt for a very light bronzer and highlighter set, and found a beautiful one (on sale) from Benefit... unfortunately it was sold out everywhere.

I then came across the brand E.L.F which had a whole range of lovely things for affordable prices! So I managed to slightly contain myself and purchased just 3 items!


Firstly the bronzing brush:
It's not super soft like my other brushes but it was only £2.99 or something so I wasn't expecting much. It's really useful - a great shape and so far so good!

Warm Bronzer:

The reason I was so attracted to this product is the fact it has a range of things.
From top right clockwise: 
*pink blush
*darker bronzer
*highlighter
*lighter bronzer

I have only used it once so far so can't really comment on how much I like it, but here are some swatches:
(starting on the right side: highlighter, lighter bronzer, blush, darker bronzer)

I will keep you updated, but I have no complaints so far!


The final thing was a Defining Mascara.
This is the product I am least impressed with... it doesn't have that much of an affect so plenty must be applied - however the more you brush on, the more clumped the lashes become. I am being serious when I say that when it dried my eyelashes felt like they were coated in a sticky cement. 
Maybe I just haven't got the knack of it yet... but one positive was that it stayed put all day, and it was cheap.

The whole lot including postage and packaging cost me £11.95 so I just managed to scrape that together from the bottom of my purse!!


Now, aside from make-up I have some very exciting news for you all.... I am getting a new puppy!! For those who don't know, I already have a dog, Layla who is a chocolate brown cockapoo:


It was actually my Mum's idea to get her a little playmate, so yesterday we went to meet our new baby. She is also a cockapoo, but black and tan in colour. She is only 3 weeks old which is why she looks so teeny tiny!



Isn't she gorgeous?! I now have the tricky task of waiting 5 weeks until we bring her home.. whilst revising for my exams but oh well.
She is not named yet but any suggestions then let me know!

Minka x 






No comments:

Post a Comment